Halloween Card

Today I am making a card for the grand kids.  I like the way this turned out. I followed the outline from Cards in Envy challenge (purple and green). The design is a download from Miss Kate Cutables. I changed it up a bit to add the purple glitter paper. My Explore had no problems with the heavy paper, turned out wonderful. The background cut is from Recollections, I picked it up on sale at Michaels. I inked it with Grape Crush (SU), and added a background print from Cloud 9 designs (I don't know where I got this, I have had it for a while).   This is a 5x7 card because of the background cut. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado, I used some opaque sparkle embossing powder from recollections.

Hope you like this a come again to see what I have done. Should be starting on Christmas cards soon.

http://cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/2016/10/purple-green-card-challenge.html
http://heather-bittenbythebug2.blogspot.com/2016/10/halloween-theme-challenge.html
http://cardztv.blogspot.com/2016/10/cardz-tv-anything-goes-designer.html
http://cardz4guyz.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/challenge-142-boo-halloween.html
http://lemonshortbreadchallenge.blogspot.nl/2016/10/challenge-25-winners.html
http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/2016/10/through-craft-room-door-week-starting.html


Comments

  1. Making the ghosts peep through the background cut like that is a really great idea! A super card, lots of fun - I'm sure the grandkids will love it. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a purple witch hat this time of year on a purple and green background! Love it and love the design of your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Halloween Card. The color choices are always hard when you need to use a lot of black, but you have that covered. Love the hat, great choice of colors and background. Happy Halloween and thanks for joining us at BBTB2 for our Halloween challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background overlay with the ghost paper behind is very clever! Love that cute witch's hat and all your color choices. I'm sure your grandchildren will love it! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card with the ghosty background paper and the purple hat
    thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this witch hat cut. The background cut looks fantastic. I love this Halloween Card! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love the background you've created.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guy.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great background you've done and the whole card is great. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely sweet Halloween card! The background is great, and fun hat. Thank you for playing along with BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that gorgeous purple sparkle witch hat! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, I bet your grandkids loved this adorable card, and I sure do love that sparkly witch's hat! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovin your background and super fun witch hat!!!! thanks for playing with Cards in Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

March 4, 2014

October 14, 2013

February 4, 2014